Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bookmark not Bracelet...


I am trying to improve my Needle Tatting skills.  However I can see I need a lot more practice.  This pattern I tatted is from YouTube One Virtuous Woman and you can click this link.  Thank you OVW.  I used size 10 crochet thread in a pretty blue color. Here is my link to show the bracelets I tatted for Christmas last year.


Instead of finishing it as a bracelet, I finished it as a bookmark. I added a heart charm to one end and a tassel to the other end.  My sister is a voracious reader and she has a birthday coming soon.  This will be part of her gift...along with a book she hasn't read. 
We are having Winter in full force for several days now.  Pouring rain, strong winds, lightening and thunder...oh my!  California is grateful for the water table.  I think we might be ready for Spring very soon.  We have the pollen!  At least the rain helps to keep the pollen washed off the decks and railings.  If I park outside at all my black vehicle is yellow in no time!
We celebrate lots of birthdays in April...18 and counting.  Mr. C has his birthday this coming Wednesday April 12th.  I have no idea what I am doing but somehow we'll make it a special day for him.  He does like to be pampered and he does like good food.  Hmmm...
I shall do some laundry while it is raining.  So nice to have everything clean and fresh...inside and outside.  What do you like to do when it is raining?  My Grandma liked to go for a drive along PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and visit the beach during a rainstorm.  She even recorded the beach with rain on a little cassette player she had so she could listen to it from time to time.  I didn't appreciate this until years after she was gone and now I understand her love of Nature.  So I shall enjoy our rain even though there is no PCH and no beach close to me.  Happy April Showers to You...

17 comments:

  1. I wish I could tat. My mom did wonderful lacy things. Your bookmark is lovely with the little charm attached. I love that your gram recorded the rain on the beach. I bet she was fun to know and talk to. hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatted book mark looks perfection to me and what a lovely gift to give along with an unread book. Spring is here finally in the UK but with different parts of the country fairing better than others. Been lovely here today and we have been out in my car with the roof down along the motor way and then back via country roads. Hug Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful blue bookmark! I think your tatting skills are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister is going to be thrilled with her new bookmark - and I don't see anything wrong with your tatting skills btw. Talking about the sounds of nature - we have a channel we get through cable that plays beautiful music combined with nature sounds. Beautiful to sit on a rainy day and listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, your bookmark is amazing!! I love, love the beautiful design!! Your sister will treasure it!! We've been having storms and chilly weather but it's perking up this weekend and I might even get to open the windows and let the fresh air in!! Happy Birthday to Mr. C!! I hope he has a wonderful day!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice piece of tatting works both as bookmark or bracelet. Happy birthday DH on 12th. What do I do when it rains? stay in and stitch, mind you I stay in most of the time anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
    love your bookmark so much..its so pretty...
    love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. April showers! I delight in curling up wirh a nice fat book. Recording rain for rainless but grey days is an idea dripping with possibilities. Yay for your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lovely bookmark will make a perfect gift! I saw on the news that your drought is officially over - hooray for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always loved watching tatters at work. Such a fascinating art to see in action. Your tatting looks great. As with everything else, practice makes perfect. I love when it's dark and rainy out. It gives such a cozy indoor feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never cease to marvel at you beautiful tatting. Your work is beautiful and making it into a bookmark is a great idea. Enjoy the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried tatting. Looks great to me. Love the color too. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How intricate and beautiful ...so talented!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a lovely book mark, dear Sherry, and for me to see, you are doing beautifully, in the tatting art .
    It sounds nasty with all the pollen, we are not yet there, -so good for you with the rain, giving the world a new fresh look, and fresh air to breathe !! Lovely memories of your grandmother , loved reading it, dear ! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bookmark is beautiful Sherry. I love to knit or sew when it's raining outside. Hardly rains here, but rained a lot when I lived in Washington state!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, Mr. C! Sherry, I love your bookmark! I've been doing a little crochet. It was a great travel project (10 hr. drive), and has been keeping me company while I stay warm by the fire! Enjoy your week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sherry, your tatted bookmarker is beautiful. Love the color too and the charm and tassel you add to each end. Glad you are getting the much needed rain. We too had that awful pollen and everything for weeks was yellow. Since our rains it is pretty much gone now and we are cleaning out from the storms and pollen.
    Happy Birthday to Mr. C. wishing him a wonderful day!
    Happy Easter too my dear. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.